Saturday, January 30, 2016

I tried to write something funny for this picture (because, I mean it's all kinds of funny). But my heart is not in it.

I've been desperately pleading with the Lord. I want Ava to stay with us. I want her to no longer fear what the leukemia will do to her body. I want to not have to cut away any more of her flesh in an attempt to stop the cancer. I want her here with us this spring when we take the bikes out of the shed. I want to know that this painful season will end and there will be space for joy in her life.

For how will we carry on if she is not here with is. It's unimaginable. The pain takes my breath away and keeps me up at night. This suffering is too much and I am too weak.

God, carry us across the years, over the sadness, and into the good you have planned for us.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

There is much goodness in every day with Ava, Gwen and Jude! (of course Mike and Piippi too!)

Anonymous said...

The light momentary affliction is preparing for us an eternal weight of glory beyond all comparison. 2 Cor 4:17
Esther, you and yours are in our prayers. Sk and Jeff .