Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Hallelujah Christmas

(From Esther):

I was brought up in the faith so I know the Christmas story forwards and backwards. But becoming a mom has given me a glimpse of God's love like I've never known. In the past year, as we battled a fierce cancer in our daughter, we have looked death right in the face, and have only tasted the sorrow of the deep grief that comes with the loss of a child.

I can imagine Mary, ready to go into labor, looking for a place for her precious baby to lay. I can hear her sobs as her first-born son suffers on the cross for everyone else's crimes. And then my heart pounds at the love that was shown-- that in our major failing, God made a way to lift us up all the way to a life eternal with Him.

Amazing. Beautiful. Incomprehensible. Love.

I need this Christmas reminder as I sit in the hospital nursing my daughter back to health. I'm truly thankful this season for reminders, big and small, of His faithfulness, His grace, His unmatched love for someone like me.

‪#‎christmasmiracle‬ ‪#‎alovelikenoother‬


(click on link to see a rendition of "Hallelujah" by Leonard Cohen,
with rewritten lyrics by Cloverton to honor Christ)

No comments: