Saturday, October 25, 2014

In the Hospital

Yesterday was a long day for the Lees. I don't know any details except:
  • Ava was admitted for a high fever. Hopefully it is just a virus and will not delay her transplant.
  • Ava is scheduled for a biopsy on Monday.
The hard news is that if Ava is not MRD negative on Monday, her prognosis drops into the 30% to 60% range.

Thankfully, it looks like they got a room at the Ronald McDonald House so they are close to the hospital.

I will update with more details as I am able. Thanks for your prayers.


*Edited to add Facebook posts from Esther:

Yesterday, Ava was admitted to Seattle Children's with a high fever. I felt like having a downright tantrum when the doctor wouldn't let us go home!! We were really looking forward to this weekend to decompress from the hectic and draining week of appointments and procedures.

On the way to the hospital, Ava wanted to pray that God would help her feel better.

Ava: Dear God, would you please help me? Just like you healed Martha's brother and the little girl who didn't wake up from the bible. Amen.

Then Gwen wanted to pray:

Gwen: Dear God, please give Ava a pink marshmallow. Amen
(Gwen has her priorities in order!)

These moments with the girls truly humble me and challenge my faith. They are more precious to God than I can ever imagine so I think it's safe to believe that He has their best in mind always. Please pray that we would have the same faith especially when things are scary.
Gwen is the best medicine for Ava

Ava lost her first tooth!



No comments: